Wire Wrapping Questions

think about a certain song .

Reply to
atec 77

Alan B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

tah-may-toe tah-mah-toe

(That 'r' above may cause some dialectual (or regional) problems.)

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:00:16 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

What I make of it is that you don't realize that wire-wrap is still very vital to the electronics industry, and are stubborn in the extreme against accepting a simple fact. All well and good that you don't use it anymore, but you are not the industry, and shouldn't be advising posters that wire-wrap is "old school" and not worth doing.

Reply to
Alan B

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:00:43 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

And that would be relevant to this discussion how?

Reply to
Alan B

You sound like certain old school trade teachers I was acquainted with once. Most of them are dead or out of teaching thankfully.

Reply to
atec 77

That's right! God forbid that you learn something.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ah your ignorant as well.

Reply to
atec 77

No, I learned to wire wrap over 30 years ago. Once again someone spouts crap as gospel.

You have know idea who I am, or my skill levels, but you want to piss all over me. Take it somewhere else. I spent over 40 years working in repair, broadcast, telecommunications and manufacturing of equipment I'm sure you don't have the clearance required to see.

You, on the other hand come here and whine.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

you tend to indicate such a habit

not interested either

but you want to piss

wrong

Take it somewhere else.

Why ?

I spent over 40 years working in

Wrong again , now will you accept we wont agree or continue to scream like a little kiddie ?

wrong , I just stated my point , now for what ever silly reason you continue to tell all and sundry that your the only one with a view even though we will never agree . I know wrap is not a common use item these days in my part of the world .

Now back to the question of the first post Has the person gathered enough information to manage ?

Reply to
atec 77

Was there a reason to post this mess?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:50:55 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

OK, I can own that. Do you have anything else to offer besides one bad piece of advice and a subsequent deluge of diversions and irrelevancies?

Reply to
Alan B

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:21:54 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

His ignorant what?

Reply to
Alan B

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:16:17 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

Dude, relax, you are drooling on the internet. (How unsightly.)

Reply to
Alan B

Do what ever you want with it as long as the guy has his post answered and is happy with the result , it's still old tech and not in common use in my part of the world , you do realise the us of going backwards fast a aint everything ?

Reply to
atec 77

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:02:02 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

Re-inserting snipped text: "...besides one bad piece of advice and a subsequent deluge of diversions and irrelevancies?"

So I guess the answer is no. If you really had cared about the OP's happiness, here's what you could have done to help:

And if you ask around the telecom craft where you are, I think you will find that wire-wrap is a lot more common in your part of the world than you think. If not, vendors would have a hard time selling stuff like this:

FWIW, the techs I work with don't like to use the wire-wrap guns. Wire wrap is definitely not "going backwards." You should read up.

Alan B

I thought I inserted similar ages ago

How often would you use a krone tool I wonder in an exchange for instance

Different strokes

Just accept we don't use such old tech here often at all.

Reply to
atec 77