Wire Wrapping Questions

I have some questions about wire wrapping:

A) Can someone direct me to a web page or book that shows photos on how to wire daisy chains, make firm connections to posts, and organize wire bundles for optimal space?

I've read how to do these but could use some photographic references.

B) My wire wrapped boards look cluttered and messy. I could use a good strategy for the most efficient placement of the wire wrap sockets.

Thanks.

Reply to
redbrickhat

Have you heard of google ? wire wrap is kinda old school , why ?

Reply to
atec 77

My thoughts entirely too.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

*-*-blazing-hurry+done-a-*-of-wirewrapping+not-to-*-it+bad-wraps+the-less-expensive-the-slower-it-is+cheaply+*-available+very-simple
*-*-*-*-*-*-takes-an-age+*-*-straight-to-PCB+efficient-both-in-time-and-cost+zzz+find-*-sockets-with-*-long-*-posts+more-than-a-decade

Reply to
JeffM

Old maybe but still one of the quickest ways to prototype so long as you dont need to use surface mount devices.

Reply to
cbarn24050

assuming the joints are good m and they are known to test bad and look good .

Reply to
atec 77

--
Have you heard of Cooper tools?
http://www.cooperhandtools.com/europe/sales_literature/documents/Wire_Wrap_Cat_GB.pdf

Have you heard of OK industries?
http://www.jonard.com/jonard-ecommerce/control/category/~category_id=OK_WIRE_WRAP_TOOLS;jsessionid=F793793C319DAC4369CBA96DA3AE10B2.jvm1

>  wire wrap is kinda old school , why  ?

Because for some applications it\'s perfect.
Reply to
John Fields

Personally I am not interested in wire wrap , gave it up 30 years ago. Gimmie the smell or rosin in the morning.

Reply to
atec 77

Which one? ;)
Reply to
John Fields

I wire wrap because I'm not allowed to solder yet.

Thanks for the responses but I'm still looking for some photos of the step by step wire wrap process.

Again, thanks.

Reply to
redbrickhat

Bummer. If you don't solder the ground pins of the sockets to the ground plane of the board, you could end up with a noisy mess.

Here's an old trick on doing daisy chains:

Before you close that page, click the Proportional font link at the top of the page or your next Google page view will be monospaced.

Reply to
JeffM

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:55:21 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

If you mean by old school, that it is not used anymore, then you are wrong. If rather you mean, that as "Sly and the Family Stone" is old school R&B, but still very relevant and played and danced to in many venues, then you are correct.

Reply to
Alan B

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 02:08:20 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

I take it you don't do telecommunications.

Reply to
Alan B

Modify this search string as necessary:

JeffM

Tomatoe tarmatoe

Reply to
atec 77

You can take anything you like but you are very wrong , now figure out the headers

Reply to
atec 77

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:52:48 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

Are you claiming that you are in telecomm and haven't used wire wrap in thirty years? If so, I simply don't believe you.

Reply to
Alan B

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:51:59 +1000, in message , atec 77 scribed:

Excuse me?

Reply to
Alan B

Images look great. Web page seems dead though.

Reply to
redbrickhat

I used to ( read back) all I do these days is very specific work and have no need of it , make of that what you will .

Reply to
atec 77