Wattage - potential vs actual

I have a DC-DC 200W power supply that likes to take 12V (plus or minus

1V). Finding that an XBox 360 adapter yields 203W 12V I set about hooking it up to the power supply and it works.

The xbox cable has three 12V connectors and three grounds. I only hooked the PSU up to one of each. Should I be getting all 203W thru that one connection?

Reply to
Sumta

I would have to see or reconstruct a schematic of the of your Xbox supply to know for sure. But I would be concerned that a single pair of conductors are not rated for the current your converter will draw (200W/12V=9.5 amperes, at least).

Reply to
John Popelish

You probably can for a while but the contacts are rpobably going to overheat. Use all the contacts.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore