Voltage and Electric Field

Can any one derive the basic relationship between voltage and electric field?

Reply to
I'm Mr.B

i went to google.com and searched for :

relationship between voltage and electric field?

google proved this link

if you want me to do more google searches for you, please ask. your wish is my command line.

Reply to
Globemaker

Richard Feynman

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

Can any one derive the basic relationship between voltage and electric field?

---------

Huh?

The gradient of the potential difference is the electric field. Is that basic enough for you?

Reply to
Stretto

The higher the voltage, the higher the electro static field.

--
pim.
Reply to

In the electrostatic limit (i.e. keeping the frequency very small compared to c divided by the typical dimension of the problem), the voltage between points A and B is the line integral of _E_ dot _ds_ along any path between A and B.

(It gets more complicated in the time-varying case--you have to worry about what gauge you're in.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs