Vector Network Analyzer Question

I don't know how the display processor block of a VNA usually work. I have scoured through a few application notes, but they don't describe a whole lot about how it works. Does the display processor usually involve some type of IF filtering of the receiver signals applied, and does it usually involve sweeping the source or an oscillator for reference? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Reply to
ssylee