Transformer

Some years ago I recall, or at least I think that I do, seeing an advertisement for a small cylindrical transformer. Do such things exist and if so what are they used for?

RD

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

Maybe you're referring to toroidal transformers?

Jamie

Like a small version of those things on utility poles? They are transformers in a cylindrical case anyway. The spark coil in your car is, or at least used to be, a cylindrical transformer.

Reply to
att2

ist

There are pot core inductors.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

small signals or high frequencies, or a combination of both.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Military used round canned transformers during WW2. Pico line of TRW/UTC used to make a line of matching transformers in cylindrical cans. They may still be made the only Pico I see advertised today are SMD types.

Reply to
default