Touch Lamp That Turns on Erratically

We have two touch lamps in the bedroom behind the head of the bed on a wall. Sometimes they just go on for no apparent reason. Sometimes as a movement in the bed or closing a door.

We found replacements for the "touch" switch, tp-01 at . The switch still behaves badly. Static electricty? Ground it? Two prongs. We did not replace the power cord. Three touches to the lamp support running downwards goes through three levels of illumination.

Comments?

Reply to
W. eWatson

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Thanks for the info. We've decided to put a power cord with a switch on it on my side of the bed. I can then turn off the lamp at night. It's the light turning on during the night that's bothersome. My wife has her side already set up. Mine was working well for quite a while before it got a bit erratic.

Reply to
W. eWatson

(...)

That'll work!