Tools for measuring ac power interrupt ?

Implement a missing pulse detector using the venerable 555 timer. Feed it with a suitable signal derived from the AC full-wave rectified. Google for

555 circuits and you shall find it. Gene
Reply to
Gene

What tool is required for measuring short ac power interrupt ? I mean the interrupt that is short that only causes the light flickering once, but long enough to cause a computer 'hanged'. I have a chart recorder here but it just cannot catch and record interrupt of such short duration! Is there any better devices available ? Can I built a simple circlet for that purpose ?

Reply to
john

You may be looking for a Dranetz meter. Can measure sag, surge, drop out among other things. Anytime I had a power problem at work, the electricians would put this in my office and would correlate it to something else that happened in the building and fix that problem.

You may want to check with your building manager or the electric company to see if they have a way of checking your problem out.

If not, there is always the UPS.

Good luck with your problem.

Chuck

john wrote: