Terminology: "decided signal"

Never heard the term.

John

Hello,

Could someone briefly explain what a "decided signal" is? Is it, f. i., similar to a "selected signal"?

TIA and have a great day. Eiffel

Reply to
Eiffel

After a little looking around, I found this term in a Sony glossary, where the real context should apparently be 'deterministic signal'.

See

A deterministic signal is used in communications systems (by adding it at the transmitter) to permit the receiver to lock to the original

*information* signal. There are wide varieties of how this is done. Note that deterministic signal energy is 'wasted' in terms of communications systems - i.e. the system power efficiency is transmitted *information* power / total transmitted power.

I am sure many here could elaborate on deterministic signals (I don't have a huge amount of time right now).

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

John Larkin a écrit:

I didn't either but it can be googled.

Thanks, Eiffel

Reply to
Eiffel

--
Perhaps it\'s a typo? "decoded"?
Reply to

PeteS a écrit:

That's it! Muchas gracias PeteS, now i got it.

Excellente journée (have a nice day, not a nice trip... :-) )

Eiffel

Reply to
Eiffel