Switch terminology?

Yes, but double-throw can also be on-on ; it depends if it has a stop (detent) in the middle for the off position.

What, you worry? ;-P

This might help visualize switch terminology:

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Look for "DP3T" - double-pole, three-throw.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, "stops that you go through" is exactly what "throw" means, except for those pesky "center-off" switches.

If the pole is the source, then the throws are the destinations.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

maintain

on

The FET is part of the power regulator circuit. You'll find these or a compatible part on any P4 motherboard near the CPU and near several coils. Some procesors draw quite a large amount of power during startup. Go to a computer shop and pick through their junk for a "free" source of parts.

I would design the oscillator to run at say 2KHz or so. I use a simulator program to pick the values. Do you need a copy?

The diodes allow for a different value of R during the charging versus the discharge time.

Good luck....

Reply to
Lord Garth