Stepper motor help please

Greetings All, I have a setup where I'm using Allegro P/N 5804B

)drive a stepper motor. It works well and can handle higher current than the setup requires. However, the 5804 is obsolete and if I want to make a product and sell it then I need an up to date IC. Allegro recommends an IC to replace the 5804. It's here:
It will do way more than I need though. And it only drives bipolar motors. I would rather use a unipolar because of higher torque at low stepping rates. Does anybody here know if there is a better IC to use? Thanks, Eric R snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

here:

Did you cross-post to sci.electronics.design? You should, because some over there never bother to look at .basics -- just the ones that might have an answer to your question.

Reply to
kell