Source for flickering LED's

Does any one have a source for flickering not flashing LED's?

I'm looking for the ones that are in flameless candles.

I need to make a flickering flashlight like a fire. The ones that you get at places like Joanne Fabrics and Michelle's used to have a chip in them that did the flickering.

I bought some and the flickering circuit is in the LED now.

If I could find a dozen or so and rebuild the flashlight.

thanks

Reply to
Cliff Hartle

Feed the LED from a pseudo-random sequence generator, so the LED turns on and off in a random pattern and the ratio to on to off is varying.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Google flickering led candles

Reply to
ehsjr

I've heard a tale in which someone wired a speaker to one of these flickering candles and was surprissed to hear the "happy birthday" song ... That might be a hint about what kind of chip you need.

vv.

Reply to
vic