Rewrite bios through port serial

A-HAH! It doesn't bypass the ROM entirely, now does it?

No need. You admitted your mistake already.

Reply to
krw

maker.

I picked a brand at random and did a search...

$5-30

cheaper than any commercial JTAG or I2C programmers I've seen.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

maker.

Yes, that's a good price. It isn't a 'replacement part', though, it's a reprogramming service, you have to detach and send the old BIOS chip to them. No multiple-copies-of-the-licensed-software issues there.

Reply to
whit3rd