Resistive sheet

From

"..Many people have inquired about where to buy Teledeltos paper. The original source in England will still sell you a big roll for $95, including shipping;

will get you to the right address for Sensitised Coatings, or call +44 1553764836. Plus, a new source for resistive paper is online: www2.pasco.com/products/scripts/products.taf?PN=PK-9023. The KIT PK9023 costs $114, but PK9025 paper with centimeter grid runs $34 for 100 23- by 30-cm sheets. Buy your own pen with conductive silver ink. This is about 32 kO/square. "

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

Well, you did want a resistant sheet. Teflon is resistant to most stains.

--
  Keith
Reply to

need

including

source

costs

Thanks Boris:

This is intriguing; but is the paper only conductive on one side? The reason I ask is that for my application, electrical current will be conducted through the sheet from face to face, not along its length/width.

If it is resistive throughout it might work well indeed. Is it?

Don Kansas City

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

Don, Your previous comment (Jan 3, 8:32 am) implies you are interested in current flow that is due to electrical boundary conditions on opposite sides of the sheet. Is that correct?

Your original post said.."Here are the corresponding resistivities for some nominal inch thicknesses:

..031 in ---> 300 ohm-m ..062 in ---> 150 ohm-m ..125 in ---> 75 ohm-m ..188 in ---> 50 ohm-m"

I may have mis-interpreted this as meaning you are interested in current flow between electrode areas separated in the plane of the sheet. The resistance one would measure perpendicular to such a sheet will depend on the size and lateral displacement of the electrodes relative to the thickness of the sheet.

Perhaps your question was much simpler: if I had a material with a bulk resistivity of 75 ohm-m and gave you a piece in the shape of a ..125" thick sheet is that all you want? If so, how large a sheet? Flexible or rigid? Durable?

Dave

Reply to
dmartin

cured, wet concrete and typical soils & clays have resistivities in the

100 ohm-m range.

Dave

Reply to
dmartin

Yes, that's all I want. I would prefer sheets as large as possible...in roll form would be great. It doesn't have to be super-flexible, but I don't want it brittle like glass either. It will be applied to a slightly irregular surface, but generally planar...maybe sort of like a large airplane wing. It will not be subjected to much abuse, but it might be exposed to normal outdoor temperatures.

So far I'm leaning toward some conductive plastic sheet material that McMaster-Carr carries. But only because it's all I've found yet (and it only comes in 12" x 12" sample sheets". That's why I was wondering if one of you clever guys might have heard of something else that I missed.

Don Kansas City

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

You might try looking at some ferrite polymer material sheet stock, though most mfrs are only interested in surface finish resistivity of the treated material.

They are not designed for use as strictly resistive materials, so who knows what they would do over a range of temperature or pressure.

Where defined, published resistivity shows a range between 500 and 21 ohm-meter, below 10KHz.

Siemens-Matsushita FPC C302, C350, C351.

Other mfrs MMG, Tokin, TDK, Hitachi, TSC and NEC.

RL

Reply to
legg

In that case, try the conductive anti-static foam sheets (24 inch by

12 inch by 0.25 thick) that Jameco carries; part 13864 for $9.29 ea or $8.35 each @ 5. They roll it up for shipping. Measured resistance across diagonal with probes close to the corners, is about 8K.
Reply to
Robert Baer

Not flexible; brittle. Also not usually available in sheets.

Reply to
Robert Baer

--
You might want to try:

http://www.advsys.com.au/downloads/cuming%20catalogue.pdf

In particular, Technical Bulletin 320-8 on page 67.

Also, Series Number 26200 at:

http://www.right-tape.com/html/prod_silicone_rubber.html#photo6

Also there are a lot of hits you might want to check out at:

http://www.google.com/search?q=electrically+conductive+rubber+sheet&hl=en&lr=&start=20&sa=N
Reply to
John Fields

Please read the frigging spec sheets, on the links provided, before commenting.

Polymer materials are available in sheets, rolls, or injection molding pellets.

The problem with filled polymers is dimensional instability - hence their use in pressure and humidity sensors and a restricted environmental range - and problems using them as a heaters. When deposited in thin fims on mechanically rigid formers, they have more common applications.

The usual method of producing conductive/resistive polymer is to carbon fill, but just try to locate a vendor of sheet stock with resistivity lower than the typical ESD dissipative ranges......

RL

Reply to
legg

In that case, try the conductive anti-static foam sheets (24 inch by

12 inch by 0.25 thick) that Jameco carries; part 13864 for $9.29 ea or $8.35 each @ 5. They roll it up for shipping. Measured resistance across diagonal with probes close to the corners, is about 8K.
Reply to
Robert Baer

don't

one

Great. Thanks John. The silicone is particularly intriguing.

Don

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore