require some information

respected sir i m an engineering student. i have decided to do a project in solar. but i dont know how to select the solar panel (what is the tech. specification in terms of watts) in order to run a motor to drive a vehicle at a speed of 20km/hr. kindly help me soon. eagerly waiting for your reply rahul

Reply to
itsa.rahul

Since you are a student you are meant to be able to *calculate* an answer to the question. This is a part of your education.

Using other ppl to provide the answer might make you a 'manager type' but certainly not an engineer.

You need to do the following......

Find the information that tells you how many kW are required to propel such a vehicle. Search through solar panel manufactuers' info to find a suitable power source.

It's likely to be tricky by the way . It's likely that the vehicle will need to be made ultra-efficient in terms of things like air and rolling resistance. I believe Honda made a solar powered car. Maybe you should google for that ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

how much energy does it take to drive the vehicle at 20km/hr

add about 50% (to compensate for mort and drive-train lsses) add more to coompensate for clouds etc...

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Add even more if you wish to go uphill.

John

Reply to
John - kd5yi

Maybe check with some of these guys:

First hit at
:-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Maybe you should contact the group at TU Delft univerity (Netherlands) who won the solar world race twice(I think) ?? (Google solar race).

Reply to
Sjouke Burry