Radio transmission of data to pc

I am looking for a way to monitor equipment remotely. I am hoping to use radio transmitters to send a signal to a reciever connected to my pc. I have some experience programming in a commercial environment but have no idea how to go about achieving this.

Is radio the best way to go for low cost short distance wireless communication or should i be looking at gprs or some other technology?

Reply to
sherman.nater

Most economical is something like 802.11b/g with openwrt on the access points, or even bluetooth.

If this is commercial, look at offerings from dupline or similar.

If you insist on rolling your own, there are radio modems out there but be prepared to pay $1000 / end by the time you get all of the stuff you need.

Without know what you're trying to monitor, it's a bit hard to be more specific. (Analog? DIO? Datarates? Reliability requirements? Life & safety stuff or kind of nice to know stuff?)

Reply to
Captain Dondo