low data rate low power in house wireless transceiver suggestions?

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on what transceiver/wireless module I can use for a low data rate (low Kb/s is ok), low power (~10ma) residential application. I am considering the TI CC1000 unit but I am not sure what distance I can go with it. I don't have concrete requirements yet for distance but talking to another unit in another room is needed but for how big a house or how many walls is not known yet. Any comments, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks ahead.

Kal

Reply to
Muzaffer Kal

Are you building one or many? If it is a one time project, the Lynx modules are pretty easy to work with.

If you need frequency agility, the TI CC's are the way to go.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY