Radio

Hey,I just want peoples opinion about what shortwave radio I should get that is in the price range of $500.

Reply to
smbexx

That depends on what you want to do with it. Good quality you can get with the so-called world receivers. Try google to find a source local to you. Also a second hand one could be better than the current new ones. So your equivalent of ebay might be nice. Personally I own a JRC NDR 525, very stable, frequency's accurate within 5 hz, rtty/cw/lower and upper SB/narrow FM/AM. You dont want to know the price new....

So it depends on intended use, and the size of your bank account.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

The proper place

*-*-*+consumer.electronics.equipment

to discuss consumer gear is[1]

in the rec.* Big 8 hierarchy

Notice that when you make your user name *an email address*, Google mangles it.

(It's smart to *subscribe* to a group before posting to it.) . . [1] ...and as long as you're already at Google, you should learn to use their search engine.

Reply to
JeffM

Ask on news:rec.radio.shortwave

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Obsolete Japanese crap. If you are going to sugesst an old radio, at least point him to a R-390.

Even this beats the DX-160: