PTC Thermistor heater 12 volt ?

I am trying to make a budget heater setup to heat the filter separator on my old truck and use a diesel + Veg oil mix ( I would like to get the temp up to about 140-150 degrees F . I was thinking about using a PTC heater unit canabalized from one of those portable 12v car heaters ( a 200 watt model) ( see for example -

- ) and somehow attaching it to the filter housing and covering with the double face hvac duct wrap . Anyone here build something like this or have any tips on how the find and adapt the proper PTC ( brands, part#, and sources ) ? -thanks

Reply to
rkpatt758

I would think that heating fuel reduces the efficiency of fuel burn. Of course, diesel + veg probably be pretty thick, but what about a fuel additive? Could even mix some parts of kerosene -- same stuff pretty much.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Reckon I would go for a simple wire heater element you could make yourself. Like a few turns of resistance wire around the filter with liquid backup from the engine cooling system. Put a thermistor in the output to control the 'element'.

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull