Problem with this circuit

I've found this circuit: gnd------voltage source-----current source------resistor----gnd all sources are ideal I shoud calculate the voltage across resistor....how can i do? A)If i use Kirchhoff voltage law: voltage source:voltage across current source+voltage across resistor what is the voltage across current source? B)If i use Kirchhoff current law: current source=current across voltage source= Vout/R is it right? How can i have the same result with KVL? Can you help me? Thanks in advance

Reply to
silusilusilu

If it is a series circuit, the current source wins because it establishes the current in the circuit and the voltage is simply "absorbed" in the compliance of the current source. It's the current in the resistor that counts.

If it is a parallel circuit, the voltage source wins and establishes the voltage across the resistor. The current form the current source is immaterial because it does not change the voltage on the resistor.

These comments assume that the voltage source is zero ohms internal resistance and he current source is infinite internal resistance.

What you state above sounds like a series circuit, therefore, the current source wins and establishes the current in the resistor.

Reply to
Bob Eld