problem with grounds

Jamie wrote in news:ElUBk.17720$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe02.iad:

I got that one, btuI see a pic of a train, a very fat woman, and something that looks like a webcam which requires the installation of some program that's unknown to me...

But the PDF link worked today. Maybe my cable modem is acting up - the TV cable always gets scrambled in the afternoons.

THanks,

- Kris

Reply to
Kris Krieger

1N4148 is only good for about 75mA and you're putting 20 times that much through it. It's probably better to use 5 1A diodes 1n4000 in parallel in the simulation. (this will work better in the simulation than it will in real life)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

But I would like to get away from the optocoupler like I said at first. So the idea worked , about having a 30v input to the gate that do not have the same ground as the batteries. I just need to saturate the body of the mosfet to make it active.

ken

Reply to
lerameur

Actual relays will be much easier to use with a microcontroller, and are inherently bidirectional. You need to remember that most mosfets have a diode from drain to source which will prevent your mosfet switches from turning off.

Also, I agree with whomever pointed out that you probably want to charge all the batteries in parallel. You may want to chop one out if it is bad, so the relays can be used for that.

If you don't like the sound of all that clicking, you can use solid state relays, which are pricy, but might last longer.

Regards, Bob Monsen

Reply to
Robert Monsen