problem with grounds

Bk.25806$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe04.iad:

but

term

I just tried the 6 links, they all work well:

Anyhow I think I figured it out, I will try it tonight. I am going to use my circuit as a reference point for the grounding of my 30v gate voltage. It should work. k

Reply to
lerameur

The link worked for me.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Your reader must have a problem with the link transposing over to the browser. I just checked it, it still works here.

"

Reply to
Jamie

I thought of joining the ground from the 40 supply to the the ground2 on

seems to work in the simulation program, but does not work in , back to square one I guess

lerameur

--
Where\'s the block diagram you said you were going to post?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

John,

the block diagram I started doing , is 1) pretty big and 2) more complicated then the circuit I am showing right now.

DO you still want a block diagram?

lerameur

Which is why I don't trust simulators.

They are as accurate as my wife's driving.

"

Reply to
Jamie

Hi

I was able to reproduced the circuit using opto couplers :

Opto are not in this case cause it do not drive the mosfets to their saturation, and for odd reason , the simulation did not reflect reality. I you of a way to replace the opto to have 30v to the gates that would be amazing. I will send you an apple pie. :)

lerameur

it makes a big difference.

for turning FETS on the important voltage is the difference between the source and the gate of that FET.

In the first circuit M6 has 12V M8 has -0V and M2 has 24V

In the second circuit M8 has only about 4V and so is not saturated yet.

in the third it has about 6V the data sheet suggests that 10V will saturate it.

if you put the 5 ohm resistor into the bottom of design5 and you should see it acutually working. adding the 270 ohm resistors on the optocoupler inputs may help too..

no. some sort of ground connection is needed to put a charge onto a node. it doesn't need to be a direct connection.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

D6 looks suspicious. where have all the voltage readings gone?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

--
Not if you can describe your application in greater detail.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I have added the voltage to the same link and John I made some simple box diagram. I will post them in a few hours

lerameur

I posted another link up:

which I believe better describe what I want to do.

Reply to
lerameur

I posted a box circuit up:

full circuit at

I am missing resistors in the opto coupler part I know, but the simulation would work with them. The circuit is made so I can two batteries in parallel to charge the other two batteries in series. The other step is to take the batteries in series, put them in parallel , take the batteries in parallel and put them in series and reverse the charging the other way. This full circuit works if I build it and just set it up one way (like design7). but when I set it up this way some mosfet just burns and smoke.

lerameur

it.gif

I would to show a circuit done from Rod Hower:

as can be seen, the darlington transistor operate the gates of the mosfets, while the source and drain are at the positive and negative of the batteries. He is doing the same thing here, where the grounds of the transistor is not the same as the batteries. I guess his is working...

lerameur

the circuit appears to be basically working.

use bigger diodes. (or don't use diodes if you don't need them)

1A is way too much to push through a 1N4148 diode

voltage readings both sides of V11, and between D6 and V13 would be useful.

M5 is close to saturation with 0.31V drop, but M3 I can't tell

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

looks like it's working, but those diodes are too small.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

I am using 5 amp diode, they did not have them in the simulation. therefore I used the 4148 just for the simulation

k.

Reply to
lerameur

hello,

I found a problem on my breadboard. I tested the conductivity along the negative and positive, showed me that there was a link. But when I put voltage on the line it does not appear anywhere, this is weird. anyhow I used another line and seems to be working. have fully tested the circuit yet.

lerameur

lerameur wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Hmm, no go her. I viewed the Source and this is it:

404 Not Found

Not Found The requested URL /captoro/motor/design6.gif was not found on this server. Apache/1.3.36 Server at www3.sympatico.ca Port 80

Well, no biggie, I was just curious to take a look.

- Kris

Reply to
Kris Krieger