Piezoelectric transducers

Hi,

I am a student of ME. I am doing my final year project on piezoelectric in shoes. Piezoelectric is located in shoes, while walking, piezoelectric compressed and it generates an electric signal. this electric signal is stored in capacitor in other words, this electric signal charges a capacitor.

I need a piezoelectri for this application. which type of electric suits? which specifications i need to buy it? do you have any idea , from where i can buy it online?

Thanks.

Regards, Arjav Bavarva.

Reply to
arjav1ec

Even though the ceramic piezo materials have better power generating properties, I think this application is probably better suited to the flexible piezo films, just for physical ruggedness.

You can find lots of information by Googling [piezo film].

But if you need the conversion efficiency of the ceramic material, I suspect you will need lots of small pieces embedded in an elastomeric material to prevent breakage, with each piece coupled to the storage capacitor through a bridge rectifier.

Reply to
John Popelish

Although this may be an excellent project, I suspect it will not be a good product. This is not harvesting otherwise-wasted energy, it's extracting energy from your stride. If you take very much, it will feel like you are walking in sand... very tiring! On the other hand, that

*might* make a good product after all: Market it as a special exercise shoe...

Best regards,

Bob Masta D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta