OT: Today

They have an unelected Supreme Leader who decides who can run for office, and who can veto anything.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

IN the mid to late 70's they had to be specially registered and their cars were identified by a specific prefix (IIRC) on their number plate. Do you know when that changed? or if it changed?

Reply to
David Eather

Yeah that's the official story all right, case of mistaken identity, but for the fact that the bomb loads the planes had were for ground attack, communications was established with the fleet after the antennas were shot up, and a few machine gun bursts at the torpedo boats standing by, she'd have been sunk.

But she was the only ship in the entire world with a radome on it at that time, nothing the Egyptians had, hull numbers and over flights the day before, not to mention flying the holiday ensign in a 15 knot breeze with guys off duty and sunning on the deck.... And a ship sporting two machine gun mounts in international waters is a threat to Israel?

More like she was supposed to go down without a peep so they could blame the Egyptians.

Reply to
default

Well, mistaken identity happens all the time. Like the time the USS Vincennes shot down a civilian airliner.

As Napoleon famously said, regarding a particularly inept general whose colleagues thought he was a traitor:

"Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by incompetence."

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Seriously Phil, the Liberty was not an accident. And the Israel military and especially the air force and intelligence services - "incompetent?" not a a chance in hell.

Reply to
David Eather

In 1995, someone claimed it was still true:

jfeng

Thanks for digging that out of the web.

Reply to
David Eather

It's interesting that some people form big tribes (like, say, France) and some people, if allowed to, fracture into small, mutually-hating, warring tribes.

Some places, like Iraq and Lybia, were better off being run by an insane dictator.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Raiding parties and wars were a way of varying the gene stock to ameliorate inbreeding, and probably had additional benefits like technology transfer.

I have to agree 100% with that.

Reply to
default

Hows that song go? "Been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding"

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

The liberty was spying on them in accordance with LBJ's policy of preventing Israel from defending itself at a time when its continued existence was in doubt.

If almost any other people in the world had one third of their population killed, and they formed a new government soon after, they would make it a military government. But even at the worst possible time the Jews wouldn't consider having anything but a democracy. Not all our allies have our core values, and very few have proven them as strongly as that.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

THEY ATTACKED ISRAEL.

I am not saying completely condemn them for that, but it is so wasshed under the table it is ridiculous, and ith the compicity of the US governemnt.

THAT IS THE PROBLE, AS IT U+ILLUSTRATES THEIR INFLUENCE.

Why don't you try to tell me thet the Rothschilds were simple textile merchants. Go right ahead.

No innocence. In fact never any innocence. did they deserve what they got ? Really I would say no, but I did not do it. and I was not there. And after knowing about it, if I was there I might have done it.

Why do you think the Katyn Massacre happened ? And why do you believe, FROM THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DID IT, all this history ?

THEY WERE THERE, and thety rep[orted what they did. Yeah, let's trust the people with whome they had an arms war. A cold war so to speak.

Let's just rust them all, OK ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Total brainwashing. Certain families agred to suport sertain others in the west. They have since been very influential in the political parties, and thus infuential.

where have you been ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Your family tree?