OT: Solar Charging 12V Car Battery

How about tiltable mirrors ?

As soon as the sun gets up in the morning, a high illumination level is available immediately. In the evening, nearly full illumination levels are available until the sun sets. At noon, the mirrors could even be used as shields against the hot sun :-).

Thus, the solar power would only be required to turn the mirrors during the day, instead of illuminating the chickens.

Do you have any information, which wavelength would best stimulate egg laying ? If in the yellow band, low pressure sodium could be used to extend the light period, if in the blue range, blue LEDs would be the most economical way.

Reply to
upsidedown

wrote=20

San

=20

=20

=20

Something i learned not so long ago is that L-A batteries do much better when "conditioned" new before being placed in service. "Conditioning" amounts to fully charging and discharging down to 40 % remaining capacity or so for 4 to 6 cycles. Total capacity improvement is on the order of=20

40 % or better.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Nah, just regular ole chicken sh... uh, manure.

Yeah, that crops up as the 'latest thing' every 10 years or so. Google invested in one just a couple years ago.

Those are government subsidized too.

Oh, I didn't say it was practical. I just said it would be a bit hit, like pet rocks.

Reply to
flipper

I believe there is a company in Scotland, called Biolume , that is developing bioluminescence, as in deep sea fish, for commercial use, including foodstuffs.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse