Open Collector?

Hi,

I just built Velleman 8061 and got it eventually working - I think?

But I have a question.

Shouldn't I be able to see whether line is active by resistance meter over the transistor?

If I have understood right the resistance over the transistor should change when line is on or off?

Now the resistance meter shows only infinity whether the line is 0 or 1.

I can't understand ...

Best Regards Kari

--
PIC - ARM - DISPLAYS - RELAYS - MODULES - CONVERTERS - I2C - SPI -
KEYPADS - ACCESSORIES

Connect a resistor from a digital output to the positive supply, then measure the voltage between the digital output and ground.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

--