Ohms Law

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:43:18 GMT, "Don Kelly" wrote: "normanstrong" wrote

--
Surely you don't think grocery bags are free...

If not you, who do you think is paying for the losses?
Reply to
John Fields

wire.

--------- True enough- But I like to minimise those losses. If the wire size is "controlling the electricity" then the "bag" becomes more expensive than the stuff in the bag.

--
Don Kelly
dhky@peeshaw.ca

See

for an energy fundamentals tutorial.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics   3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: don@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU\'s LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com
Reply to
Don Lancaster

The picotera is a handy dimensionless scaler. I use it all the time.

John

Now that's some funny shit.

-- Al Brennan

Reply to
Kitchen Man

In my college days the unit of importance was the Herman... 1 cubic mouthful of the appropriate tissue ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Of interest to academics is the Least Publishable Unit (LPU).

--
"A good plan executed right now is far better than a perfect plan
executed next week."

"John Larkin" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

units?

of

Yep, the tera is a nice dimensionless unit. Associate it with the vagueness multiplicator which is etce, and you have a handy quantizing operator applicable to whatever you want.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

That's feminine beauty, specifically.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

And could we include the millihelen as the measure of beauty that would launch just one ship.

Reply to
Bill Bailley

Right. The corresponding masculine unit of beauty is the KiloLarkin.

John

who almost ripped an 800-foot LASH ship off the dock once, turning a trimpot too far.

Actually, I guess I did almost launch a ship. I was tweaking a nonlinear function generator in the throttle control system I'd designed, and managed to get up to almost 50 RPM before the ship's engineer ran over and shut me down. It was tied up at Avondale Shipyards (on the Mississippi river) with all sorts of gangways and welders cables and hoses and stuff connected; I could have easily killed a few people and set a ship loose in the river and become famous. Now I do VME modules mostly, a bit safer.

LASH meant Lighter Aboard Ship, a freighter that picks up and carries loaded barges.

John

Backlash?

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Boris Mohar

Yeah, scairy thought. The she-Larkins are a lot more presentable.

John

I reference the WTF: Want through Financiable... Especially in computer games ( ego-shooters especially ) you often hear people shouting "WTF" ... This is the request: I want what that guy used ( Skill / Cheat / Equipment ) but as they don't know what it would cost them ( In training, time or money ) they shout "WTF" to get a hint on the requireent for it.

a WTF is defined as : Want: Either 0 ( not interested ) or 1 ( want to have ) Through: Divided by Financiable: 1 ( hour training, download & install-time, 1 hour work to get the money to buy the stuff ) Values range by this only seldomly above 1, values of 0 are of no interest, typical values for mechanical items like car-equipment are about 0.0125 to

0.25 WTF, Cheats are usually 0.75 to 1 WTF and skill-related WTF's often are about 0.125 to 0.5 WTF
--
Hochachtungsvoll

Rüdiger
Reply to
Ruediger

nano-sloman? The magnitudes are way off!

--
  Keith
Reply to

So... one beauty is a Kilolarkin? Boy, thats a lot of Larkins!

John Smith

--
Libra?
Libre?

Cual era la primera?
Reply to
John Fields

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

1 kiloLarkin = 1 femptoTaylor (We all pull the chicks in our own cool ways......)

:-)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

The "Libro" is also suggested as a new quantitive unit. This would represent the completion and publishing of one book.

The subdivision of the base unit would enable authors to respond in a meaningful manner when queried about progress.

Bill.

Reply to
Bill Bailley