Norma; 'boot sequence' for a CPU?

You questioned that static RAM could be OK. (see the quote from you at the top of this message)

I had already explained that I was talking about battery-backed static RAM when you posted that message.

When it comes to the other issue, if cpu:s start at memory address zero or not:

Most of them do. It is by far the most common start address.

--
Roger J.
Reply to

IIRC the 68000 family was the first mot uP to start at addy 00 - ISTR the 6800s starting high.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

for PCs its 0xAA55 or 0x55AA - i forgetted ;)

--
Best Regards,
Mike

nah. That's the boot signature. 0700:0000 doesn't ring any bells for me though. I need to relocate ;) my notes on all that PC sheisse.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

0x7c00