Name of plug in US

The=20

Good question. So far i call them SVGA connectors. Wikipedia says it is a DE-15. Wikipedia also indicates is may be called a HD-15.

josephkk

????? (CSSA):

My JVC came with one of these for the antenna connection. I believe its called an N connector. MCM sells adapters, N to F connector, so does Radio Shack.

Reply to
Deke

This is a 'N' connector:

They are used for higher power & frequencies than what he posted, and are not compatible. They were used at 4 GHz on early C-band satellite LNAs as well as a lot of commercial and military communications equipment.

They are constant impedance, and come in 50 and 75 ohm versions. A

50 ohm plug will damage a 75 ohm jack, due to the different diameters of the center conductor.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Some are totally illiterate, Roy.

Penicillin is good for that.

Reply to
krw

Got a reference for that? I don't see it.

Reply to
krw

The

About 1,310,000 results (0.32 seconds)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The

Didn't find them when I searched. I found a lot of hits on "HDE-15 connector" but none actually said that that's what it was. I've always heard of them as DE-15s ("D" ==D-Subminiture, "E" == size of the shell (identical to a DE-9), "15" being the number of connections).

Reply to
krw

ote:

2% are

pins? The

nector"

hem as

to a DE-9),

TALK ABOUT SPLIT PERSONALITY TERROLL, WHAT A FREAK. YOU WILL STOP HARASSING ME, OR YOU WILL BE STOPPED.

TGITM

Reply to
Michael A.Terrell

pins? The

??

?hl=en?safe=off?client=firefox-a?rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official?sa=X?ei=do7ATYL4BMjc0QGLqcivBQ?ved=0CBkQvgUoAA?q=HDE-15+connector?nfpr=1?biw=1280?bih=812?

HD= 'High Density' + E = "E size" shell. :)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

pins? The

??

?hl=en?safe=off?client=firefox-a?rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official?sa=X?ei=do7ATYL4BMjc0QGLqcivBQ?ved=0CBkQvgUoAA?q=HDE-15+connector?nfpr=1?biw=1280?bih=812?

The 'H' is redundant since the original nomenclature covers it.

Reply to
krw

are

pins? The

??

?hl=en?safe=off?client=firefox-a?rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official?sa=X?ei=do7ATYL4BMjc0QGLqcivBQ?ved=0CBkQvgUoAA?q=HDE-15+connector?nfpr=1?biw=1280?bih=812?

connector"

as

I've seen data sheets for the connectors that refer to them as DB9,

15 pin. :(
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

are

pins? The

??

?hl=en?safe=off?client=firefox-a?rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official?sa=X?ei=do7ATYL4BMjc0QGLqcivBQ?ved=0CBkQvgUoAA?q=HDE-15+connector?nfpr=1?biw=1280?bih=812?

connector"

as

DE-9),

Certainly. I can't convince the others at work that they are really DE-9s. I have one that'll run in production next week that's a circuit board that sits in the back shell of a DE-9 connector. Everyone calls it a DB-9 dongle. Oh, well, in all the documentation it's called a DE-9. Let 'em be confused. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Tell them that DB means 'Dumb Bunnies', and there must be nine of them in production. ;-)

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's not production. :-(

Reply to
krw

sits

Oh,

You have my sympathy then. :(

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I just got a spam report from Earthlink. Apparently 'it' is still mailing threats and doesn't understand that I'll never see anything more than the subject line in those reports, since Earthlink deletes them before they can hit my inbox.