modify mp3 player for continious play

Is it possible to modify an MP3 player (I have one of those stick-shaped mp3 players to play with) so it plays a music track continiously? Or (probably better) possible to get the player to switch on and start playing a music track and then stop? I thought maybe a relay that short circuits the on/off button may be the way to do it. (?) Thanks

Reply to
dave

Unlikely. What happens if you hold the button down continuously ?

You'd need to hack the firmware and I doubt that's really very practical.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

If you have an S1 mp3 player (look around the internet to find out how to identify them), try

for open source firmware replacements.

--
Brendan Gillatt
www.brendangillatt.co.uk

Oh, sorry, it appears the firmware they provide is just the stuff that comes with them. However, if you're into writing your won there are quite a few spec sheets on that site which may be of some use.

--
Brendan Gillatt
www.brendangillatt.co.uk