mAh battery life

Hi, I have a 1600mAh batter pack and would like to run a 25mA LED of this, but how long should it run for before the batter dies?

Thanks

Reply to
Richard Harris

this,

Theoretically, it will last for 64 hours (1600/25=64). If you lower the current thru the LED to say 10mA, it will likely look to be nearly as bright. The battery and the LED will both last longer.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

1600 mAh / 25 mA = 64 hours using a series current-limiting resistor; but there could be a more efficient way to do it. What's the battery voltage?
Reply to
Andrew Holme
4.5 V.

Thanks you both for that, that was exactly what I needed to know :)

this,

Reply to
Richard Harris