Laser safety question

I just started working on laser systems. We have a problem on a laser installation, it uses laser to transmit data across about

200 metres. We had to use a scope (which is mounted on the device) to align the two devices. I asked my colleague if it is dangerous to do this without protective eyewear and he told me it's fine.

I'm searching the net and can't find any concrete information, can someone help?

Reply to
sert

Google laser safety

Also, Google lockout tagout