Is this homemade battery charger circuit dangerous?

Have you seen a doctor about your paranoia? The 'parts stores' around here will test a car battery under load & for free. I see more people with Harbor Freight's chargers than the ones sold at 'parts stores'.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had an old starter motor bolted to a lump of wood for checking batteries - would've been a more realistic test if it was bolted to an engine, but such as it was.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
So what you were really testing was the lump of wood's resistance to a
transient moment arm instead of the starter motor's ability to deliver

Unfortunately its not a binaries - so I can't draw pictures to help you understand!

Reply to
Ian Field

--
Poor baby.

Try words, or post a picture to a site of your choosing.
Reply to
John Fields

If you bring in a zero-volt, totally discharged battery, what do they do?

Declare it dead, usually, and sell you a new one.

I see more

Will they put current into zero volts?

 Click to see the full signature

What kind of thieves or fools do you deal with? Hell, even Sears will take a large jump pack to start your vehicle, if it's in their part of a mall parking lot. I have never had one try to sell me a battery, but they will suggest that the battery may have been damaged by being completely discharged. That depends on how long it sat that way. If anything, I have found the suppliers to be too conservative on replacing parts. Of course, I grew up in a town with multiple heavy industries, not places that cater to know nothing snobs. Destin Florida was like that. The wholesalers and supply houses wouldn't sell to anyone that wasn't in their specific trade. I had to threaten more than one that I would contact their corporate offices, and the branches I normally dealt with before I could buy TFFN/THHN wire or 4" copper pipe.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your hurling insults is getting ever more weak - why not give it up before

*EVERYONE* notices you're an imbecile.
Reply to
Ian Field

--
Because of the way I conduct myself here and because of my
contributions, over the years, I'm sure I'm not considered an
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

John! You are so-o-o-o kind >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

No doubt many have noticed, my "attitude and demeanor" are only directed at you - and only when you ask for it (which is most of the time!).

Reply to
Ian Field

--
Attitude and demeanor can't be "directed" in that they're
characteristics of the person _doing_ the directing.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

You must have one humdinger of an inferiority complex if you think that!!!

Reply to
Ian Field

--
Being able to recognize disease doesn't mean being susceptible to it.
Reply to

If you say so Napoleon.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
I'm not the one without an exit strategy, and you seem condemned to be
unable to extricate yourself from this Waterloo.

I took pity on you because you're a sad lonely old fart who can only get attention by picking a quarrel.

Reply to
Ian Field

--
If, by "picking a quarrel", you meant correcting technical errors made
by you and your ilk, then you're right.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

That's only fair after all - you make enough technical errors for the rest of us to pick up on.

Although you're such an ill tempered cuss, most people walk on by hoping not to attract your attention!

Reply to
Ian Field

Prima donnas seem to be that way >:-}

With Ian you're wasting your time. I've never seen anyone quite so pompously ignorant. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature