Is it possible to multiply resistance?

I know resistors in series simply add up... but is there any way to mulitply resistance?

eg: can I take a 10k pot and make it work as if it were a 100k pot?

Thanks,

-sam

Reply to
randomname

in a word, NO

Don...

-- Don McKenzie E-Mail Contact Page:

Micro,TTL,USB to 1.5" color LCD

USB,RS232 or TTL to VGA Monitor
World's smallest USB 2 TTL Conv

Don McKenzie

--
Sure.

You could use a 10k pot to drive a servo which would turn the 100k
pot degree for degree with the 10k pot.

What do you have in mind?
Reply to
John Fields

Or even using the 10k to control a 100k digital pot? Or even just a FET?

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton

well im still dwelling over what a 555 timer can do. id like to have 2 pots... 1 to adjust the duty cycle (without changing the frequency), and another to adjust the frequency.

-sam

Reply to
randomname

the pot could bias a MosFet to be used as a v-r.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

--
I don\'t think you can do that with a single 555 but it\'s easy with
two.  Want a schematic?

absolutely!

thanks,

-sam