Intel P3 vs TI DSP C55 (MPEG)

Hi all,

I am learning MPEG2 encoder. Now I test my C code on Intel P3 600MHz, it take about 0.08s time to encode a frame.

And I will port the encoder to TI DSP C55 200MHz(I am new to TI's product). Will DSP be faster than Intel P3 CPU.

How can I get the speed information for TI DSP?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! All the best, Davy

Reply to
Robert