Inductance calculations

Somewhere there must be a formula for the inductance of a hand-wound coil.

Air core, one layer of wire (of given swg) close-wound, diameter of former (cardboard, probably inside of toilet paper roll), length of coil,... (what else?), therefore inductance equals ...

Reply to
Peter Percival

Yep a dozen. I have spreadsheeet labeled the Nagaoka Formula that is supposed to be very accurate. You can search for it, But I think these use his formula,

If you want a deep understanding, with Nagaoka.

Otherwise, dig into these. Or just the first one.

use the second on this page.

That's enough so you will never know who is correct :-) I ecpect

The ones I have used is Professor Coyle, and I had a downloaded version, so haven't tried the online version and electronbunker.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Ooh, there's lots! Thank you.

Reply to
Peter Percival

If your getting into crystal radio, You might find this interesting,

and this overwhelming,

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

of course there are. Your google is broken?

BTW single layer solenoid-wound coils usually hit the calculate values spot-on, it doesn't start to get hairy until you add layers. There's a formula that takes into consideration the diameter/length ratio too, but for simple single layer coils try the "Amateur Radio Handbook."

Reply to
default

A first approach :

Parasistic elements are uncomputable.