increment a counter

Followup on my original posting. I want to increment my counter with a normally open output wire from a pnp sensor. When i activate the sensor it makes the counter increment furiously. I just want it to increment one time each time the sensor is activated.

Reply to
Darlapphood

--- And, from that, we're supposed to divine what you're talking about?

Yes, this _is_ sci.electronics.basics, where there are supposed to be no stupid questions, but the temerity of your post implies that we should all be acutely aware of your plight and respond to it with a solution with no more than you've given us to work with.

Post a schematic somewhere. Give us a better verbal description of how you've got your problem circuit hooked up.

"a normally open output wire from a pnp sensor" means just about nothing unless you describe the circuitry that's driving it so, if you want some help, you're going to have to get into more detail than you've given so far.

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields