how to repair lifted trace pads ?

Laugh all you want guys. The tab is on me.

And yes, I can understand you guys over there in England. The language in the states is full of twisted slang how ever, I do understand the brothers over here want to reform our language. :)

Who knows, pig Latin in school might be refreshing! It sure would give the boys in mother England something to talk about, more so than ever.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

I took real Latin in secondary school, and over the years, it's proved really quite useful in working out the meanings of words, as many have a Latin base. Sadly, the very great majority of government schools no longer teach it. It has been replaced with other useful subjects like how not to get pregnant, and making the best use of the social security system if you do...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

My latin teacher had a bad habit of jumping ahead several chapters, and asking about material we hadn't covered. I found out she had ABSOLUTELY no sense of humor when I replied, 'It's all Greek to me'.

My favorite humor is what i call. a 'Stealth Pun". Some people don't get them for days, or even weeks, then I get a phone call, or a visit when they get it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nice one ! But I guess we better stop talking about all this stuff now, before that *other* Michael come screaming around the corner in his police Noddy-car, to arrest us and throw us into the cyberspace void for off-topic chatting ... d;~)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

He'd have to find me first. Do you have any idea how many 'Michael A. Terrell's there are in the US? Or how many have unlisted phone numbers? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Usually, a lifted pad will not withstand the heat from a soldering iron when using adhesives such as cyanoacrylate and I have not found this method to be all that successful. The best way is to fit a swaged thru-hole eyelet in place of the pad and then run a length of small gauge wire (kynar wire-wrap wire or similar) from the eyelet back to the pcb track which noramlly goes to that pad. The advantage of this method is that the eyelet will support a thru-hole component lead with good strength.

You can get a PCB repair kit eg.

but these won't be cheap.

If you can find a supplier for the eyelets themselves then you can make do.

Reply to
Ross Herbert