How do you solder this?

I found this chip:

that will do all I need - step up 2v to 3.3v, very low quiescent current and a small package. Unfortunately it is far too small a package - a VSSOP with a pin spacing of 0.5mm.

Does anyone have some tips on how to hand solder this flyspec of an IC? I do SOIC, SOT23 and 0805 easily but this thing beats me.

I did find a similar IC from Microchip - not a nice, more hungry for power etc - but the kicker is it is also in a VSSOP package.

TIA

Reply to
David Eather

Alot of people just lood it and wick of the excess.

Reply to
jurb6006

Hi If you have a solder paste syringe, run a light rope down each row. Bake it in a toaster oven until you see proper looking flow/joints. (or use hot air tools if you have them) You don't have to be very precise. Clean up any solder bridges with desoldering wick.

Reply to
john