how do I add preset memory and digital control of analogue circuit ?

"clubsprint" wrote (many times) ...

Point of Usenet etiquitte ("netiquitte"): It is not necessary to post individual messages of "thanks" to each person. A single message will be read and appreciated by everyone.

It is also undesirable to quote the entire message back to the newsgroup, particularly if your response is brief or only dialogs with one or two points within the message.

We are all very happy to help you, but please don't return the favor by posting lots of duplicate content back to the newsgroup.

If you could reveal a bit more information about what you are doing, it would make it easier for us to recommend things like how to make tradeoff decisions between programmable pots and the more expensive alternatives (for example). Or whether solid-state switches or traditional relays would be better for a particular application. A description of the salient parts of the circuit would likely sufficice if you don't want to reveal the overall product, etc.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

"Richard Crowley"

** Forget it.

The guy is a rabid, nut case troll.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

That was a Bit uncalled-for harshly said..

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Reading, and replying to a notorious troll like Allison makes you a troll-helper. Some of us have him killfiled for a good reason. Please help maintain the SNR by stifling your temptation to reply to this source of noise.

Reply to
Richard Crowley

"Richard Crawling Crowley"

** Fuck off -

you SHIT FOR BRAINS LIAR !!

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Well, closely, my intention is to use the ADA design as a jump off point and expanding on what they've done, adding more extensive EQ, cab simulations and midi control.

Reply to
Clubsprint

My apologies, I was just trying to acknowledge everyone who contributed. The circuit I want to mod is the ADA Microcab

I plan to add additional EQ and cab sims and was thinking about adding presets and midi program change and was wondering what it was going to take. I haven't even had the time to check all the supplied resources out yet.

Reply to
Clubsprint

I may see _some_ point in additional EQ, though not a lot, as the µCab already feature several sims and a switch for 'bright' speakers. Maybe a presense control. Take a look at the Ampulator for ideas on more or different cab sims; that's what I'm doing. As to MIDI controls, IMO all that's needed is being able to switch between the various sims and add some means to switch bright, thump and some added EQ (i.e. presence) in/out. Shouldn't be too hard to implement using a 20 pin PIC.

Let's continue in the thread you started on the adadepot (when it's up again after maintenance).

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Yeah cool. I only had a cursory glance at the Ampulator. I'll read up.

Reply to
Clubsprint