Ground Loop isolator homebrew

I am looking for a simple circuit for eliminating ground loops on various audio circuits (max is headphone-type power, say 2 watts).

I could use 1:1 audio transformers or 0.1uF caps. What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Ken C

Reply to
Ken C

Audio transformer: disadvantages is that they are either crappy or expensive (~$50 per channel), and bulky. Advantage is they work well and, if good quality, sound excellent.

Capacitor: advantage is it is cheap and small. Disadvantage is that it does nothing at all to solve ground loops. Also, for headphone or speaker impedances, you'd need a lot more than 0.1uF - think more like 100uF, or more depending on impedance.

Reply to
Walter Harley