FM demodulator

Hello again:

I read the following statement:

"The conventional method to demodulate [an FM] signal is to convert frequency deviation to phase and detect the change of phase."

I'm not quite grasping this statement. How does this work?

Thanks!

Reply to
MRW
** Groper Alert:

** See:

&

Reply to
Phil Allison

Thanks! I actually was reading about this last night, too. I busted out with my books, and I think I found some info. I can picture AM demodulation easily, but I always seem to have problems picturing the demodulation steps (from antenna to load) of FM.

Reply to
MRW