difference

I have two voltmeters.. one DC voltmeter and one AC voltmeter.. how would you differentiate it without opening the apparatus...?? that is just by seeing it.....

Reply to
psvishnuvardhan

There must be some setting for ranges of voltages which should show some clue? Furthermore how do you know that they are AC/DC?

Reply to
PinkFloyd43

--
Homework?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...>

The AC meter has a squigle near the leads.

Reply to
krw

give them some alternating voltage and see which of them reads anything ... the 'DC' one won't.

Chris

Reply to
christofire

look at the terminals, DC meter will be marked +,- (or different colours) AC should not.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Different colors?

"

Reply to
Jamie

The one that says "AC VOLTS" is probably the AC voltmeter.

John

If you put the two together you get an awesome rock band...

Reply to
BoldInventions

Really? I didn't think they were that great!

couldn't decide on which way they were going!

"

Reply to
Jamie