Dielectric Grease

Is it desirable to use any sort of dielectric grease on the moving parts that support the contacts inside of an enclosed switcher?

The encasement isn't exactly air-tight, but the action of making and breaking involves the Phosphor-Bronze or Brass contacts being wiped mechanically before and after they come together, so contact oxidation shouldn't be an issue, but I was thinking that adding dielectric grease between the moving parts that touch each other would help in keeping dirt out and reduce friction.

Or is there a better product for this?

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

On Mon, 28 May 2012 14:43:14 -0700, Searcher7 wrote in snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000yqe.googlegroups.com :

We're using Dow Corning #4 (aka DC4) for such things, on aircraft cannon plugs after cleaning. It prevents the oxidation that eventually interrupts current flow and also aids in re-/dis-assembly

Reply to
MJ

That looks just like what I need.

Thanks a lot.