Delay a 5 V Signal for 50 ms

I have a 5 V DC signal from a trigger that I need to delay for 50 ms before it reaches a synchronizer. Is there an easy, simple means of achieving this?

Reply to
Craig

It's impossible to say.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

Use a 74HC123 dual monostable.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

You could use a capacitor and a schmitt trigger. Essentially just charging the cap and once it goes past the threshold the schmitt trigger will turn on.

By selecting the time constant for the capacitor you can determine its charging time and the schmitt triger will turn the signal into a pulse.

I'm not sure if that is the best way for your app but it is pretty simple(just three components). Of course you can use any digital logic device such as inverter or buffer that has a schmitt triger for the input. So you could use an Or or And gate for example if thats all you got.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Circa 6 May 2007 20:34:01 -0700 recorded as looks like Craig sounds like:

In addition to the other suggestions, if you have an available clock source, you can use a counter (74LS163 for example), and multiply the clock period by a reloadable count. Not quite as simple as the other solutions, but possibly more accurate, and worth mentioning as an alternative.

Reply to
Charlie Siegrist

Try

...jerry