DC Rated Fuseholder On AC

Not too sure if this is the right place to ask but I need a panel mount fuse holder for 250 volt AC, the only ones I can find is plastic one rated for 500 volts DC. Are these safe for using on DC? A pretty stupid question I know.

Reply to
Dave.H

"Dave.H"

** Bad typo.

The DC case is far more difficult to meet than the AC case - since DC arcs are far harder to break than AC ones.

So the answer to your Q is a definite yes.

But not the other way around - a 250 volt AC switch must NOT be assumed to be OK on 250 volt DC.

** Not really - for once.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison