Connect microphone to powered computer speakers?

Is there a low noise (not necessarily audiophile quality) OEM amplifier that can be used to power an electret microphone for connecting to powered computer speakers? Are there other solutions for a microphone to powered computer speakers? It will be on 24/7, so I would rather not use a battery in the microphone element.

Are there many low or medium quality USB microphones for connecting to a PC? At first research, I have found few, mostly those bundled with webcams and headsets. Maybe I need better keywords.

Thank you.

--
FWIW. I have been all thumbs trying to use LM... amplifiers in the
past, and would rather use a preassembled amplifier.

If you want to take another gentle swing at building something, Jameco has several audio kits that might meet your requirements.

They also have stupidly long URLs, so you might need to search thre directly for audio kits.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Are you constrained to electret? You can get a dynamic mic from RS that could plug right into the speaker plug, with an adapter made from RS jacks.

Is this for just making your voice louder?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise