Computer totally freezing after a few min

The leads go all the way through and the inside of the hole is plated to attach to traces on each of 4 (or more) layers. Some guy calling himself 'bw' says just pull of the caps and re-drill the holes.He's flat out wrong if he's serious and not particularly funny if he isn't. If you're rich, a Metcal soldering / desoldering system would be just the ticket. Less better off a Metcal soldering iron and an Edsyn Soldapullt can do amazingly well. Still less well off a Weller temperature controlled iron (I prefer the magnastat units) and the Edsyn can do well. I wouldn't try it with non-temp controlled irons. Regardless of what 'bw' says, do NOT use drills. The Metcal STTC-126 tip is excellent for cleaning out even the most stubborn hole. Point the tip into the hole (it may take a second or 2 to heat it) pull back a hair and 'vacuum' it with the Edsyn. I've done it thousands of times. While Mike Terrell may have had bad experiences with eBay, I bought 8 Metcal systems there with no problems.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

Check your CPU fan. This sounds like a hardware fault.

Another thing you can do is to boot into safe mode. On any windows computer just keep hitting the F8 key while you're booting and it'll present a menu with a bunch of options. Choose Safe Mode and see if your system stays up for more than five minutes. If it does you've found software that is causing the lockup since Safe Mode doesn't run any system or startup items.