Coffee Maker

I have a coffee maker that does not work there is a Thermal Resistor or Thermal Fuse that is open going to the element. I'm having trouble finding a place that will send out one part. First is it called a Thermal Resistor or Fuse its rated to open at192 C Second anyone know of a parts supply in Canada that does not have a Minimum order

I know someone is going to yell at me for this but what about using a piece of solder

Thanks Guys

Reply to
trickyrick

--- Not a good idea.

The thermal fuse is in there in case something overheats, making the ambient temp around it (the fuse) hot enough to melt its internal fusible link, which usually signals that something has gone drastically wrong. Like maybe the thermostat has gotten stuck closed.

I don't have a clue about Canadian suppliers, but here's a link that might help if you can't find anybody up there:

BTW, when you get it, don't solder it in. ;)

-- JF

Reply to
John Fields

My caps are not on (not yelling), don't use a piece of solder.

I used to buy those over the counter but I cannot give you any info for Canada.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

i use left over parts from junked pots. most are set at same temp (close enough to 212f 100c)

hunt down a Salvation Army store or similar in canada, buy yourself a decent used /new unit complete, probably cheaper than buying a single part!

Reply to
HapticZ

Thanks Guys for the answer John thanks for the parts supplier I opened an account but the $1.25 part is going to cost 17.95 shipping so thats no good

HapticZ thats a very good idea I think I will do that in the morning Have a great evening guys

Reply to
trickyrick

I don't know if you have Radio Shack in Canada, but I have bought thermal fuses at Radio Shack. Hmm, I just checked their website

They list three, but none near your temperature. Sorry. Mike.

Reply to
amdx

it was once easy to get parts, but now the blasted shipping costs are making even that option unsavory!!

even minimum purchase constraints make getting stuf fixed is bad for environment.

be resourceful, solutions are often right there in your own neighborhood!

(close

decent

Reply to
HapticZ

Last time I needed a thermal resistor for a coffee maker, I got it at Radio Shack

Reply to
Don Bowey

often they are result of uneccessary litigious users who dont know how to run a coffe pot safely.

fresh coffee requires you to be RIGHT THERE waiting for the best coffee in the world ( at that moment)

if you must abandon a running coffe pot, you are an unsavory fellow, destined to never have really good coffee, EVER!

constant attention to this device is critical to living well and never having an event that causes lawyers to come into the immediate area.

:-))

Reply to
HapticZ