CNC

Hi. I am looking for a basic single spindle hobby type 3 axis CNC that will allow me to rout up to 3.2mm FR4, Balsa and Ply wood (UK ish). I know Milinst do a nice machine but they stress LIGHT engraving only. Any help gladly received. Thanks. John.

Reply to
John

You could look at one of the small metalworking mills (Taig and Sherline are the big names). They are a whole lot more expensive than the Milinst offering, but would laugh at a bit of FR4 or ply. You might need a faster spindle than those used for metalworking though.

Tim

--
Google is not the only search engine.
Reply to

lots of home build machines there. I've a 12"x12"x6" that cost me about $260..

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks Guys. We (UK) seem to be a bit further behind you guys in this arena, Google has come up with a lot of answers to sift though. Does anyone have any personal recommendations? Thanks.

Reply to
John